Intelac recruits for Pharmaceutical Industry
Process Chemist (M/F)
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Conducting literature searches of chemical processes to API’s ensuring freedom to operate evaluations are conducted prior to route scouting, selection and optimisation
- Preparing experimental plans and design of experiments for API processes to ensure process development is performed in an efficient manner
- Performing route scouting experiments to identify cost effective processes to APIs
- Devising new processes and optimizing existing routes for the cGMP manufacture of APIs derived from botanicals and finished product.
- Identification of critical process parameters for chemical processes to APIs and finished product
- Performing failure mode analysis for chemical process to APIs to ensure effective scale-up into pilot plant and full scale manufacturing
- Assisting in process safety reviews and chemical reaction hazard identification of chemical processes to APIs in collaboration with Engineering, OHS and Production departments
- Synthesis related impurities for qualification of reference standards
- Performing stress testing of APIs in order to identify degradation products
- Preparing costings for optimised chemical processes to APIs in order to support commercialisation of APIs
- Conducting tests requiring a high degree of technical understanding of chemistry and process technology.
- Conducting experimental studies to develop formulation methods using standard and novel chemistries and analytical methods.
- Preparing formulation development plans and reports.
- Maintaining laboratory documentation using standard scientific record keeping practices
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in R&D, in collaboration with other departments, focusing on EHS, quality, efficiency and control of costs.
- Preparing representative lab samples of new products to enable business/customer evaluation.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Organic Chemistry (or equivalent) with at least 5+ years of relevant experience with process chemistry in an API manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment or PhD in Organic Chemistry, with 3+ years of experience in process chemistry;
- Demonstrated laboratory and analytical skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills: ability to communicate results both internally and externally (client) in presentations and reports equally in English and Portuguese;
- Computer skills pertinent to advanced word processing and spreadsheet manipulation, as well as document generation using Microsoft PowerPoint and ChemDraw/chem spider;
- Data analysis and innovative problem-solving skills are considered essential;
- Process chemistry and/or cGMP manufacturing experience in a CMO or pharma company is essential;
- Familiar with current Infarmed/ Eudralex Vol. 4 regulations and ICH guidelines;
- Strong background in Organic Chemistry, including state-of-the-art and industry-standard process chemistry techniques;
- Strong analytical background: HPLC and GC are essential.
- Direct contract with the Company;
- Excellent job opportunity in a dynamic, fast-growing multinational company;
- Stable work and career progression;
- Investment in training and personal development;
- Good career prospects.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with reference CA_ProcessChemist confirming your consent to the processing of the data contained in that CV for the purposes of this recruitment process or others according to your profile, within 2 years.